Konata and the others performing at the cosplay cafe.
|Air Date||July 22, 2007|
|Previous Episode||I Can't Suddenly Change|
|Next Episode||Base of the Sun|
|Lucky Star Episode|
Ring is the sixteenth episode of the Lucky Star anime.
Konata shows off her new cell phone, which can play songs as ringtones; she reveals her ringtone to be "The Mikuru Legend of Love". At school, Miyuki talks about how her and her mother can sometimes be forgetful of things and how much time they spent together. Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki are invited to the cosplay cafe Konata works at, but are also asked to buy a comic magazine and a new Code Geass dōjinshi at Gamers while on their way. Tsukasa is harrassed by male photographers who mistake her for a cosplayer; Kagami intervenes and pulls Tsukasa into the store. At the café, Tsukasa, Kagami and Miyuki are served by Konata cosplaying as the title character from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Konata then performs the Hare Hare Yukai dance with her co-workers, and even the male customers in the audience dance with them. Afterwards, Konata introduces the Mikuru Asahina cosplayer and exchange student, Patricia Martin, to her friends.
On another day at school, Konata asks Miyuki and Tsukasa about class reunions, before going off to the Animate store on her lunch break. This time, Meito Anizawa has the clerk from Comiket help him sell products to Konata, but both are rebuffed after Konata is ordered over the phone to return to school. During their next class together, Kagami finally finds a subject that Miyuki isn't good at, and Konata calls her out on it. Kagami then holds a study session at the library with her classmates Misao and Ayano, but is annoyed at Misao's half-heartedness. Finally, back at home, Tsukasa asks her older sisters for help on homework.
It turns out that the concert talked about in the previous episode turns out be nothing more than a karaoke performance. Akira is quite angered at this, but still sings regardless. The show ends before Akira can finish her song, but the song continues into the credits.
- The CD album Konata was holding was "Cos it! Oh My Honey!"
- The conversation between the "Kyon" customer and the "Nagato" waitress is very similar to a conversation between the two characters in Episode 12: "The Day of Sagittarius" in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- Coincidentally, both are voiced by the same actors, in both hemispheres.
- The dojinshi that Konata wanted Kagami, Tsukasa and Miyuki needed to get was Code Geass, unfortunately Konata says to Kagami she wanted a "Lelouch comic", leaving Kagami annoyed, as saying the title would have been easier to find.
- Every time "Code Geass" or "Lelouch" was said or copy of it was shown on-screen, a bleep censoring or blur image would occur. The reason for this is possibly because it's considered rude for an anime to directly reference the name or appearance of another anime, or even a another franchise at that. This censoring is present in other episodes referencing other franchises.